Ads Top

New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Is it important to have sharp math knowledge for deep learning?

Ask HN: Is it important to have sharp math knowledge for deep learning?
2 by thiago_fm | 0 comments on Hacker News.
So I've been learning deep learning from Andrew Ng courses and it's great. I actually remember a lot of algebra and calculus, as I used to be a TA in uni, but almost 10 years have already passed and I'm not that sharp anymore. For instance, I have to frequently review how to transpose a matrix, review derivate tables etc. Is it worth to really review everything and do people that do deep learning professionally have always amazing knowledge about math, or is it normal to dig it up when you need it? I could buy some books and go through them, but I'm not sure if it's worth the time given that I can invest on learning all the ML/DL things I don't know, which are many.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.